Artist: Burnt Friedman
Title Of Album: Cease To Matter
Year Of Release: 2014
Label: Nonplace Records
Genre: Electronic, Ambient, Dub
Total Time: 37:45 min
Total Size: 225 MB
01. Burnt Friedman - Testmaze
02. Burnt Friedman & Daniel Dodd-Ellis - Skies Okay Blue
03. Burnt Friedman & Daniel Dodd-Ellis - Inward Sun
04. Burnt Friedman & Daniel Dodd-Ellis - Cease to Matter
05. Burnt Friedman - Boundary Loss
06. Burnt Friedman & Daniel Dodd-Ellis - Cycles
07. Burnt Friedman - Kidney One
08. Burnt Friedman & Daniel Dodd-Ellis - On Her Plate
09. Burnt Friedman & Daniel Dodd-Ellis - Cease to Matter 2
10. Burnt Friedman & Daniel Dodd-Ellis - Inward Sun 2
11. Burnt Friedman - Silberne Libelle
It's a brave producer - particularly one with such a long career behind him - who calls an album Cease To Matter. But then Burnt Friedman, active since the mid 1990s, isn't your average electronic musician. Happily, the album in question, his first with occasional collaborator Daniel Dodd Ellis, is one of his strongest in recent years. For the most part, it impressively fuses Dodd Ellis's Moodymann-ish spoken word vocals - some inspired by Aldous Huxley's LSD-inspired book Brave New World - to Friedman's unconventional, IDM-influenced dub rhythms and baked downtempo textures. The results are predictably spacious and otherworldly, with sublime piano motifs winding their way around dub basslines, sparse electronics and atmospheric vocals.
Уважаемый посетитель, Вы зашли на сайт как незарегистрированный пользователь.
Мы рекомендуем Вам зарегистрироваться либо войти на сайт под своим именем.